Friday, November 28, 2014

Why Thanksgiving is the BEST

I love Thanksgiving. It’s partially because of the fact that it has become a day dedicated to showing gratitude for the things we have, but it’s also because I love food.


There isn’t any food more comforting than turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. As I heap piles of these delicacies onto my plate, I don’t feel the shame that I would normally feel. I don’t feel embarrassed that my family members are judging. I only feel pure joy and happiness.  That in and of itself is something to be grateful for.

But seriously, I do love having a day wherein we talk about all the things we’re grateful for. I have so much, and it is so easy to take it all for granted.

I am thankful for my husband and our relationship. I am thankful to be able to attend Southern Utah University and obtain as much education as possible. I am thankful for my mom and all that she has taught me.


What are you grateful for and what are your favorite Thanksgiving foods? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment