Wednesday, November 12, 2014

How to Make Fake Flower Look Real

In my last post I talked about my Event Management class and how my group is in charge of the President's Holiday Gala at my University. Part of the responsibilities of the group is to create and put together center pieces.

Instead of buying real flowers (or poinsettias) that would eventually die and could never be used again for an event, I decided we should use fake flowers (or poinsettias) for our center pieces. The problem with this is that fake flowers get crushed and crumpled when they are stored or shipped from a warehouse. 

So how do you make them look as real as possible? I'll show you.

Here is the poinsettia from out of the box

Here is the same poinsettia after it's been steamed

And a comparison in a bouquet 


Watch my video tutorial on how to make your fake flowers look as good as the poinsettias above. Let me know how it works out for you!

                                          

1 comment: