Wednesday, October 8, 2014

So This is...

I love love. I have always loved love. Love songs more often than not told me, "All you need is love," and that "love will keep us together." The great thing about love is that you can love just about anything. I love my husband, I love Netflix, I love the milk glass I found at the DI last week.  Because love is such a big part of my life, I decided to make a blog and devote it to all the things I love.

First of all, I want to write about my experience with my first exposure to romantic love. Growing up, the cartoons and stories I loved told me that no matter who I was or how bad my life might be, all I needed to do was find "Prince Charming," marry him, and then I would live "happily ever after." Obviously these expectations don't match up to reality, and I want to talk about how a lot of our societal expectations aren't realistic. 

The expectations for what we want our lives and love lives to be compared to what they actually are can get kind of heavy sometimes, so I will break it up from time to time by talking about other things that I love. Sometimes it will be a hobby that I am loving, and other times a movie or an artist. The point is: I'm going to be talking about LOVE.

-So This is Lovely


No comments:

Post a Comment